Become a Member
1. Click the PDF below to access the membership application.
2. Complete the application in the window that opens.
3. If you are going to email your application and make an eTransfer of funds use the Download Button on the top right of the open window to save it to your computer; it looks like the image below and pointed to by the red arrow. Otherwise see step 6.
4. When you save the completed form use your name for the filename not the suggested name.
5. Send the completed application as an email attachment to email@example.com. Please ensure you have completed the etransfer as indicated in the application form.
6. As an alternate to using email (3,4,and 5) use the Print Button if you want to mail the application along with a personal check.
Your membership is conditional on having read and agreed to our
Code of Ethical Conduct below.
GEORGIAN BAY PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
Code of Ethical Conduct
The objective of the GBPC Code of Ethical Conduct is to ensure a safe, respectful and positive environment for our members, guests and invitees:
at Club meetings, programs, workshops, activities and events;
when at public locations and/or events and whether or not the member is actually representing the Club at the public location or event;
when competing in or exhibiting at Club competitions or events; and,
when competing in or exhibiting at non-Club competitions or events.
These objectives apply to members, their guests and invitees.
The following objectives are endorsed by our Club and its members:
To treat all others in a fair and equitable manner.
To not commit nor tolerate any act of sexual or racial harassment, discrimination, exploitation or coercion.
To respect individuals regardless or race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or economic status.
To refrain from any behaviour, whether verbal or written, that constitutes harassment, where harassment is defined as including, but not limited to, comment or conduct directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, degrading, malicious, bullying, or sexist.
To maintain confidentiality of information obtained where it is requested to remain confidential.
To ensure that members preserve and enhance the reputation of the Club and exercise loyalty, discretion and sound judgement when taking photographs, competing in competitions, and in generally representing the Club and its interests in public.
To refrain from passing the work of others off as their own.
To abide by the Club’s rules, policies and constitution.
As these guidelines are posted on the Club website, all members are deemed to have knowledge of these Guidelines and are deemed to have agreed to these Guidelines as part of their Club membership. In addition the ethical conduct of guests or invitees are the responsibility of the member bringing that person or persons to the Club event or workshop. The member shall be responsible for making their guest or invitee aware of these Guidelines and to ensure compliance with these Guidelines.
Notwithstanding the Guidelines set out in this Code of Ethical Conduct, where a member of the Club becomes notorious and/or acts in an unethical manner which may diminish the reputation of the Club, the Board has the sole and absolute right and discretion to suspend or rescind that member’s membership in the Club.
Approved by the GBPC Board March 25, 2021. To be voted on at the annual meeting in June, 2021